Friday, May 02, 2008

Cutting Back


I am trying to cut back on my 
intake of meds since now
my tolerance is way too high.
It is a fine balance of herbs and
meds and the like that keeps
me just at that point of feeling
good and still being able to be
creative. Too much meds and
I lose my creative power and
too little meds/herbs and I get
too manic and out of control.


Like a fine machine a Harley
or a Ferrari that needs precision
tuning and the right balance of
intake to run smoothly and perfect.
That is what keeping my bipolarity
in perfect running order is like.


The fine tuning of a piano is akin
to my tuning myself to sound perfectly
in pitch. I used to tune pianos for a
living so I know a little about it.
My Bipolarity can be fine tuned to
any running condition it needs to
be in, according to its environmental
and productive needs.


I really have nothing else to do for the
rest of my life but to work on my art
and to post it here on my Weblog.
Cutting back as well as adding more
helps this process along. It is something
that each person with bipolarity must
learn to adjust in their own lives.


Learning to be ones own mechanic/doctor
is all part of the bipolar experience.
Like wrenching on a Harley a little bit
all day long and making fine adjustments
here and there, until it thunders just right.
Biker

No comments:

Post a Comment