12 Step Program For Bipolar 1:
1. Admitting Powerlessness over the insanity of our Bipolarity-that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves (medications, doctors, families, support team and friends) could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our wills and lives over to the care of a Power greater than ourselves as we understand it.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to our Higher Power to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our illness.
6. Were entirely ready to have our Higher Power remove our illness.
7. Humbly asked our Higher Power to remove our illness.
8. Made a list of all persons we have harmed and become willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so when injure them or others.
10. Continue to take personal inventory and when we are sick promptly seek help.
11. Sought through therapy and medications to improve our conscious sanity as we understand it.
12. Having had a conscious awakening as a result of these steps, we try to carry this message to other Bipolar people and to practice these principles in all our affairs.